Sep 15, 2010

Innoxa Line-Defying Eye Creme

I bought Innoxa Line-Defying Eye Creme when my favourite eye contour gel (Germaine de Capuccini = GdC) turned super runny. Which wasn't the gel's fault, really, as it had served me faithfully for about a year (12 months expiry date on the tube).

The blurb said, "Targets lines, wrinkles & dark circles around the delicate eye area. Specifically formulated to help reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and dark circles around the delicate eye area. Anti-Age for All Skin Types including Sensitive. 100% Fragrance Free. Ophthalmologically Tested. Dermatologically Tested."

I've been using the eye creme since my arrival in Cairns. I bought it specifically as I had dark circles for not having enough sleep.

Good things first: great texture, makes great base for under eye (as long as I leave it to dry first before applying concealer), doesn't irritate my eyes, not greasy.

Bad things: it doesn't help to diminish the panda eyes, it doesn't help preventing new lines appearing as I have deeper lines than when I was using GdC. Now that I've typed up the ingredients list I realize that it's scarily long, too. It must be one of those times when I forgot to look at the list closely before buying. Hey, I'm not perfect! Haha...

This affordable eye cream didn't work for me. Which leads me to the conclusion that I have to splurge to get decent quality eye cream. Brands that work like Elemis and GdC. Which aren't available in Cairns. Sigh.

Verdict: no good effect seen even after 6 months of using. I won't be re-purchasing.

Ingredients: Aqua (water), caprylic/capric triglyceride, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isohexadecane, saccharide isomerate, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, cetyl alcohol, isostearyl isostearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, petrolatum, glyceryl stearate, steareth-20, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, crosspolymer, acetyl glutamyl hexapeptide-1, glyceryl stearate, PEG-75 stearate, ceteth-20, symmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax), polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, palmitoyl oligopeptide, glycerin, tribehenin, ceraminde 2, PEG-10, rapeseed sterol, xanthan gum, hydroxysuccinimide, chrysin, palmotoyl tetrapeptide-3 urea, saccharide hydrolysate, magnesium aspartate, glycine, alanine, creatine, retinyl palmitate/carrot polypeptides, ascorbic acid/citrus polypeptides, tocopherol/what polypeptides, disodium EDTA, silica, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, chlorphenesin, may contain: Cl 7789 (titanium dioxide), Cl 77491 (iron oxides).

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.