Sep 16, 2010

Benefit Eyecon Brightening Eye Cream

For the past 10 days I've been using Benefit Eyecon Brightening Eye Cream sample I received from my swap with GQ long, long time ago... So far I'm impressed with it. The supposed "fading action" really works, I can see the difference on the areas underneath my eyes - less shadow, perking up my appearance instantly. It doesn't "erase" the darkness completely, no super duper magical effect here, it works more like a "transparent" concealer, if it makes sense.

My skin absorbs the cream quickly, no crease settling under foundation, and no allergic reaction despite the long ingredients list. I had to squint when reading those tiny list! Well, they really worked to brighten my eyes noticeably. The cream isn't making the shadows go away, it gives light coverage that's good enough to be used on it's own when I'm in a hurry. Obviously vain me still use concealer when I have more time on my hands. Haha...

I'm not sure whether overtime the cream would improve my shadowy areas. For now I'm content enough finding something that makes noticeable difference, enough to make hubby said I looked "well rested" despite my lack of sleep. Hurrah, the eyecon really conned hubby! Thanks for the sample, GQ. :)
Verdict: the full size has made it to the top my "must buy" list.

Ingredients: water (aqua), ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, dicaprylatedicaprate, squalane, glyceryl polymethacrylate, caprylic.capric tryglyceride, glycerin, steareth-21, linum usitatissum (linseed) seed extract, hexyldecanol, stearaliconium hectorite, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, steareth-2, stearic acid, glyceryl hydrosyctearate, sodium polyacrylate, methylparaben alcohol denat, chlorphenesin, dimethicone, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, althaea officinalis root extract, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) fruit extract, hesperidin, methyl chalcone, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, steareth-20, tromethamine, butylparaben, ehtylparaben, propylene glycol, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ protein, chlorhexidinedigluconate, titanium dioxide (Cl77891), tetrasodium edta, propylparaben, avena sativa (oat) kernel protein, isobutylparaben, theobroma cacao (cocoa) extract, sodium hyaluronate, sangusorba officinalus root extract, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, caprylic/capric/suconic triglyceride, dipeptide-2, potassium sorbate, eriobotrya japonica leaf extract, plankton extract, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3.

1 comment:

GlossQueen said...

I'm so glad this worked for you! I used a whole jar of it and it did nothing for me, hehe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.