Mar 16, 2009

MAC Hello Kitty and my first thoughts

I love cats and I love Sanrio characters. I still have Hello Kitty stickers from Japan that I received on my 10th birthday. They're still in mint condition, too. :) The stickers are of the "stick and dress up the kitty" variety, with one big Hello Kitty that I can decorate with different dresses, bows, etc.

Needless to say I was curious to see whether MAC's limited edition Hello Kitty collection is really up to the hype.

So even though I've been very busy lately (watch this space for the full story), I made an effort to check them out while passing by Myer and DJ on the way home.

They definitely looked much better than the cheapo looking Dame Edna's collection. And they looked heaps better than on photos I've seen on the internet. It proves that Hello Kitty has similar problem with most of us humans: she looks better in person than on her "passport" photo! :) In this case, the products look much better than on photos.

I love the design on the lid of the Beauty Powder and Blush. It's chic, doesn't look like something that might come out from a little girl's handbag. It definitely screams of "sophisticated big sister's loot".



Eye shadows wise I like "Too Dolly". The colours aren't that spectacular, I'm not in a rush to get it.





The packaging of the pigment and glitter didn't look Hello Kitty-ey. I do like the bright pinkness of the glitter.





As you know I'm not much of a lippie girl. I'm re-considering my stand now seeing the lipstick packaging looked stylish. Yeah, I'm a sucker for Hello Kitty stuffs...





The Tinted Lip Conditioner smelled incredibly yummy. The lid has the same design as the powder = I like!





I wasn't impressed with the packaging of the mascara. It looked more like a portable swivelling brush in a container. Nothing special nor Hello Kitty-ey whatsoever. Design wise I'm not sure why they didn't make more efforts on it, looked as if it was an after thought. It didn't tempt me at all, the Queen Mascara in me was in her full diva mode: who cares about the performance if the packaging didn't grab me and didn't look Kitty enough I won't spend my money on it. I wasn't impressed with the packaging of the lip glass and glitter eyeliner either.

The fake lashes looked good. One little problem: I don't know how to stick them on. I've used fake lashes but they were always applied by others. I never tried doing it myself. I guess if I really, really want to get this kitten eyelashes I have to make an effort to learn.

The greyness of "On the Prowl" nail lacquer intrigued me. Love "Something About Pink". Cute bottles. I'm not so keen on "Vestral White".

All in all, it's not a bad collection. I might get something from the above if and when I have the time. Of course I won't refuse if anyone is giving me some! LOL...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kitty has sure come a long way, their products are so cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.