Dec 1, 2009

Lily Lolo Finishing Powder: Flawless Matte

I bought Lily Lolo Finishing Powder in Flawless Matte together with some sample size mineral foundations. It's been a long day for me, travelling to other town and sorting out some stuffs in anticipation of another move to another place. So I'll keep my review short and direct.

The blurb on the webpage, "A white mineral powder with oil absorbing properties for a flawless matte finish."

Is it a white mineral powder? Yes - see the ingredients list below.

Does it absorb oil? Yes - must be the kaolin absorbing all the oil. It kept my face matte for an hour or two before my face started shining again. Have to keep on re-applying: not so practical.

Does it give flawless finish? Kind of. IMO it works just like other mattifying powders.

What do I use it for? To lighten the shade of mineral foundations that are too dark for me.

Verdict: my normal powder works as well as this finishing powder. The only reason I would purchase it again is because it contains minimum amount of ingredients. Which means lesser chance of my skin being irritated by it. Perfect for sensitive skin.

Ingredients: Kaolin, Mica, Cl77019

4 comments:

Anna said...

Gosh, it does contain very little! Pity it's not very effective, though...at least you can still use it for something, so it isn't a total waste. Can't wait to find out where you're moving to! xx

Music said...

Hi Anna, yes, I was too tired to write a long post. In fact, I'm still feeling very tired today, I think I'm having a bit of cold. Plus the product itself isn't an easy one to write about. :)

Tali said...

Sounds good for non oily skin.. but i am far too lazy to reapply that often lol.. i wish i could just suck the oil out of my t-zone.. would be so much simpler!!

Music said...

Hi Tali! Yup, I can't stand the thought of doing the same things repeatedly over & over again - like Groundhog Day! I'll let you know if and when I've invented an "oil sucker" gadget. :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.