Dec 7, 2009

I Lied

Yes, I lied, my dear readers. Not intentionally, you'll read my excuses further down this post. Since it's a season of goodwill, I trust you'll find it in your heart to forgive me my transgressions.

1. My photo of my many eyeliners: they're not pictures of every single eyeliners I have. There are more inside the storage space in other town that I've forgotten about. Oops...

2. My post about turning orange: Warm Peach only turned me slightly orange, not totally orange. It was "In the Buff" (original shade) that turned shockingly orangey on my skin. It wasn't that bad when mixed with the Finishing Powder.  Eh, why am I apologizing for, turning me orange in whatever degree is still turning me orange, right? Right?! (Note to self: should've deleted this confession, I didn't really lie about it.)

3. I said I prefer to use the Emergency Gel in the evening. It was true at the time I wrote it, but not anymore. Bear with me, it's going to be a long list of "because" here... At that time I was in the early stage of using A'kin White Tea & Aloe Vital Hydration Gel Creme that was sent to me by A'kin. I thought I could use this in the mornings instead of the Emergency Gel.

As it turned out, my skin didn't love the Gel Creme. In the few weeks of using it, I discovered that everytime I used it in the morning, in the evening I would find some congested spots on my skin. This little spots stopped happening when I stopped using it.

I was really sad, as I LOVE everything else about it: the gorgeous scent, the texture, the way it worked well as a base, and being a "natural" product with an ingredients list that looks yummy & wholesome... I thought I had found an HG moisturiser! Sad.... :(

As you know I have acne-prone oily/combination skin, which could be why the phrase "for combination & oily skin" on this product didn't apply to me. Having said that, I still think it has the potential to be a really good moisturiser for the right skin type for the reasons I mentioned above.

So yeah, that's my confessions for today. I don't think I've lied to you about anything else. As far as I'm aware of.

Oh, yeah. The ingredients list, as always: lovingly typed by yours truly from the box. Please don't copy it (or any part of my blog posts in that matter) without linking back to me, it's called "stealing the work of others who've spent time and efforts typing it". I can easily trace you through my Fair Share feeds.

Ingredients: Aqua (purified Australian water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice (50%), cetearyl olivate (and) sorbitan olivate (from cold pressed olive oil), panthenol (pro Vit B5), tocopheryl acetate (Vit E) (botanical source), glycerin (botanical source), sorbitol (from GMO free maize), glycerin (and) aqua (and) anthyliss vulneraria (woundwort) flower extract, maltodextrin (GMO free) (and) camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, maltodextrin (GMO free), centaurea cyanus (cornflower) flower extract, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, bisabolol (botanical source), xanthan gum, alpha lipoic acid (botanical source), ethylhexylglycerin, sodium gluconate (from GMO free corn), citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil (bergapten-free), caprylic/capric triglyceride (from coconut & palm) (and) carotenoids (from marine algae), rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract [CO2] (and) caprylic/capric triglyceride (and) lecithin (and) tocopherol, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower oil (neroli), citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) leaf oil (petitgrain), fusanus spicatus wood (West Australian sandalwood) oil, d-limonene, farnesol, geraniol, linalool.

6 comments:

Marce said...

LOL, great post! It's OK, we forgive you. Even if you do have a bunch of beautiful eyeliners ;)
XO

Selina said...

I'd never heard of Fair Share, just signed up for it so thank you!

Music said...

Thanks, Marce! :D

@Selina: my pleasure. I guess I was fed up with people nicking my contents even though "myfreecopyright" button is there for everyone to see. This way I can track the culprits easier. HAH! ;)

SpicyPinkSugar said...

totally forgiven! and i agree with Marce, thats one MASSIVE collection of beautiful eyeliners!

GlossQueen said...

Hahaha, I can't wait to see the rest of your eyeliners!

Anna said...

Hello naughty orange flamingo! I promise, I'll post my mascara collection soon, so you don't feel lonely! xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.