Feb 16, 2009

Leaning Tower of Pisa

Piazza dei Miracoli (Square of Miracles) is what the Cathedral Square at Pisa is known as. It consists of the Duomo (cathedral), the Leaning Tower, the Battistero (Baptistry), and Camposanto Monumentale (Monumental Cemetery).

The weather was horrible: dark grey sky, raining cats and dogs. That's why the photos came out darker.


Technically the Leaning Tower is a campanile (free-standing bell tower) of the Cattedrale (Cathedral).

I thought it looked much smaller and not as tall as I imagined it to be. I suppose I was too used to the sights of modern skyscrapers. Honestly I was more impressed with the other buildings at the Square.

Here's the Battistero:

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.