Feb 12, 2009

Snail Cream and The Beauty Brains

Sometime last year A Chilean friend told me she uses snail cream on her face. Snail?! Did I hear you right? Yup. Snail cream. She said she has been using it for years. She does have good skin and looks younger than her age. I'm not sure whether it's due to using the said cream or her naturally good genes.

Google search brought me to Elicina Snail Cream. The webpage says, "original product from Chile, organic, natural and hypoallergenic... perfect for people with mixed or oily complexion... diminishes and softens wrinkles, scars, queloids, burns, age and sun spots, stretch marks, acnes, warts."

In case you haven't realized it yet: clicking on the name of the cream (the underlined green bit above) will bring you straight to the webpage and you can read all about it yourself - just to make sure you're not daydreaming and I'm not mad. :)

Well, I'm not convinced. Personally I think snails don't belong on the plates nor should they be used on people's skin. They should stay somewhere out there in the wilderness, doing whatever they're supposed to do with their lives.

Yesterday I stumbled across an appropriate article called "Are Snail Cream Good for Your Skin?" on an excellent blog called The Beauty Brains.

They said they are "a group of cosmetic scientists who understand what the chemicals used in cosmetics really do, how products are tested, and what all the advertising means... if you want to really understand cosmetic products in an unbiased, scientific way, Ask The Beauty Brains. You’ll get answers from a team of scientists who have no sales pitch and nothing for you to buy."

I like what I read so far. There are lots of interesting articles there that appeal to curious moi. I also like the way they explain things. I'm already subscibing to this one!

P.S. Check out my other post today: In Essence Donation and Sale.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.