Feb 23, 2009

Smelling Spree: New Love and Bum Scents

Royal or not royal, bum's smell isn't something I'd like to wear on my skin (click here for the background story). It gets me curious, though it puts me off wearing Guerlain perfumes with juices that were created before/up to the 50s.

When my friend P and I met up last Friday, somehow we ended up on a "smelling spree". It was quite predictable, really, as both of us love perfumes. She was originally after Givenchy's Hot Couture, the limited edition version, which sadly isn't available anymore. Of course we visited Guerlain's counter to check out the mistress' bum smell, we just couldn't help it. And no, we're not in a hurry to spray ourselves with those perfumes.

We sprayed our arms with perfumes we were interested in. It was our scientific approach to figure out how much difference the same perfume could make on our individual skins.

In my previous post The Perfect Scent I mentioned that I was interested to try Hermes' Un Jardin sur le Nile (A garden above the Nile). So I hunted and found it at Myer. On my skin it smelled like subtle fresh green mango that settled down to a soft powdery scent that reminded me of Bvlgari's Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert.






Next to it was Un Jardin Après la Mousson (A garden after the Monsoon). On my skin the yummy cardamom top note smelled quite warm, after a long while it settled down to fresh watermellon scent.

Verdict: I LOVE both Hermes' Un Jardin scents, they're officially on my wish list!



Kenzo Les Eaux De Fleur Collection (Eau De Fleur de Magnolia, Eau De Fleur de Soie, and Eau De Fleur de Thé) smelled alright on papers, but turned out disgustingly unpleasant on both our skins.

Verdict: stay away, don't waste your money.

Moral of the story: always spray perfume on your skin first before buying it. What smells great on paper could smell disgusting on your skin.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.