Jul 28, 2009

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel

I have to write about Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel as it's one of my favourites products and I've just finished a tube of it, which means I'm one product lesser = I could get a new one soon. (I'm taking up the "finishing up old products before getting a new one" challenge!)

I've used up and re-purchased numerous tubes of this papaya peel in the past. This gentle peel is perfect for me as my skin doesn't respond well to harsh scrubbing/exfoliating.

I've read in Paula Begoun's book that this product doesn't contain enough papaya to make it works. I'm not an expert, so I can't verify this. Something in this peel must have worked though as this product always makes a noticeable difference on my skin. Especially, I repeat: especially, when it's used consistently over a period of time, I could see the exfoliating benefits on my skin: evening out my skin tone, making it smoother, getting rid of dry flaky bits on my combination skin. So I guess the benefit is more cumulative than instant.

Having said that, this peel also gives an instant result: smoother skin right after application, which to some people the result could be akin to wearing a moisturiser alone = not worth buying. Having experienced the cumulative benefits in the past, personally I think it's money well spent. Why? It gently exfoliated my skin and a tiny bit goes a long way = value for money. It's false economy to spend money on cheaper products that don't work as they could end up costing me more.

What's more, the yummy fruity scent adds to my pampering enjoyment. I can't afford a weekly trip to the spa, but I can afford this twice weekly little indulgence. :)

Verdict: an old favourite that has earned it's place in my skincare bag.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Papain, Xanthan Gum, Milk Protein (Lactic Proteinum), Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Maltodextrin, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopherol, Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Yellow 6 (Cl 15985), Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Geraniol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this one works for you Music :) By the looks of the ingredients, it wouldn't agree with my skin.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.