Jul 23, 2009

GROWN Vanilla & Orange Peel Hand Cream

I've joined GQ in trying to finish up "old" products first before buying a new one. Amongst other things, I've nearly finished my tube of GROWN Vanilla & Orange Peel Hand Cream.

So far I don't have anything I don't like from this hand cream.

Here are my thoughts on it:

- LOVE the subtly refreshing orange scent. I can't stop smelling my hands everytime I use it.

- It's non-greasy (like it said on the packaging) = I could go back to whatever I'm doing as soon as I've finished applying the cream. In fact, I'm using the hand cream as I'm typing this. :)

- It makes my hands & cuticles feel softer and moisturised for longer than other brands I've tried. IMO it's even better than my favourite L'Occitane hand creams.

- If you look at the ingredients list, it contains so many different natural oils = I like!

- The packaging reminds me so much of Aesop = chic packaging.

Verdict: It's positively my HG hand cream. When I've finished this tube, can someone in OZ please send me some more? Please? PLEASE?!

Here's the blurb on the tube: "This non-greasy formulation of moisturising active botanicals, naturally soothes and softens dry undernourished hands and cuticles. Bio Active Ingredients: Antioxidants from grape seed, wheatgerm and rose hip oil protect against free radical damage and boost the skin’s natural protective function. Rose Hip and Camellia Seed Oil increase the skin’s lipid content which helps to restore moisture levels & enhances the skin’s natural moisture retaining capability."

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Prunis Amygdulis Dulcis (Sweet Almod) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable), Ceteareth-20 (Vegetable), Glycerin (Vegetable), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed) Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed (Grapeseed Oil), Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Rosa Moschata (Rose Hips) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheatgerm) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides (Vegetable), Glycine Soka (Soyabean) Oil, Sesamum Indicumm (Sesame) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Root Extract, Tocopherol (Vegetable), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn Berry) Oil, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Vegetable), Phenoxyethanol Lactic Acid (Nature Identical), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Absolute, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Oil, Vanilin (Vegetable), Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Oil, Limonene (Vegetable), Linalool (Vegetable), Citronellol (Vegetable), Geraniol (Vegetable).

3 comments:

trishie said...

Hi Music,

Thanks for your comments on my blog. No probs about the recipe, i just need to look for it, will email to you next week!

GlossQueen said...

I'll get you some more, any excuse to go shopping ;)

I really have to stop reading your blog. Between you and Gem I have a huge list of things that I want to buy.

Music said...

I'm looking forward to the recipe, Trish! :)

GQ, perhaps it could be the start of "Christmas wish list" that you could pass on to your family and friends? LOL.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.