Jul 14, 2009

Molton Brown Wonderlips Glace

Some of you know that generally I'm not a lip-person. I prefer to "prettify" (the term I use to make hubby understand beauty things) my big eyes as I like to think that enhancing them would distract people from looking at my big nose. Hehe...

My meeting with Glossqueen has changed my opinion a little bit (read about our wonderful meeting here). At that time I asked her how do I know whether a lip product is any good. She said, "good lip products make your lips look BIG!"
Since then I try to judge a lip product by the effect it has on my lips. I can say that Molton Brown Wonderlips Glace is the first lip product I use that really makes a noticeable difference.

The paper inside the box said that it's "A lasting sheer glaze with volume boosting conditioning. Wild mango butter moisturises and softens; Maxi LipTM promotes fuller, healthier looking more voluptuous lips."

I didn't read this when I first put the lip glace on. So I was quite shocked when I saw in the mirror that my lips looked bigger than usual, even hubby noticed it. Silly me didn't realize that the Maxi LipTM really work well! LOL...

The lipshine I bought is Lychee 02. It's a very light chocolatey shade (very different from the reddish shade pictured on the website) that matches my lips very well . It's matte nude effect makes my lips look naturally polished, perfect for complimenting "loud" eye makeups.

It has smooth texture and tasteless, though I can "taste" the shea butter that keeps my lips moisturised for a few hours.

Verdict: impressive lip plumper with fantastic nude shade, it's a must-have in my bag now!

Ingredients: hydroxystearic/linolenic/oleic polyglycerides, octyldodecanol, vp/eicosene copolymer,C18-36 acid triglyceride, polyethylene, fragrance (parfum), castor (ricinus communis) seed oil, wild mango (irvingia gabonensis) kernel butter, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, ethylhexyl palmitate, tribehenin, sorbitan isostearate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, [/_- bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), Calcium sodium borosilicate, carmine (Cl 75470), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), mica (Cl 77019), red 7 (Cl 15850), Red 36 (Cl 12085), silica, tin oxide (Cl 77861), titanium dioxide (Cl 77891)]

1 comment:

GlossQueen said...

After reading your review of this I went to the Molton Brown counter at DJ's, but they only have the skin care range now. That's probably a good thing though, or else I would have been very tempted to buy one of the plumpers :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.