Aug 21, 2009

Elemis Pro-Collagen Hand and Nail Cream

Elemis Pro-Collagen Hand and Nail Cream isn't the kind of hand cream that I normally go for. I received two 20ml size as part of the GWPs after an "Elemis spending spree" in Perth (yup, I was too excited because they weren't available there before. The Eye Serum is amongst my favourites).

According to the webpage:
"This anti-ageing hand and nail cream is designed to:
Target age spots and sun damage
Reduce skin crepiness
Strengthen and condition cuticles and nails
Re-establish the skin's moisture barrier
Leave hands beautifully smooth and youthful looking."

I'm finishing up my second tube now and I can honestly say that personally I find the claims to be overrated. It does nothing for my cuticle and nails. My hands feel like they've been coated in thin rubber gloves everytime I used it, for lacking of better terms. It's a strange feeling that I don't like. The scent is also a constant reminder of rubber erasers I had as a child. A little clinical, reminds me of hospitals, if it makes sense...

Now that I'm putting thoughts into words, I noticed that the word "rubber" kept on creeping up here. I think it's the only Elemis product I've tried that doesn't smell good. Quite surprising coming from one of my favourite brands. Sometimes it aggravated the excema spot on my finger, too.

Verdict: an average hand cream that's a bit overpriced. I'm not so keen on the scent either.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauryl Laurate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Glycerin, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Malachite Extract, Rhodochrosite Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hordeum Distichon Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dehydroacetic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Tromethamine, Sodium PCA, Citronellol, Geraniol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Linalool, Disodium Rutinyl Disulfate, Citral, Sodium Benzoate.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.