Aug 17, 2009

Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil

Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil is one of my all-time favourites. The kohl is soft and glides easily without pulling the skin. It's so easy to use I only need one stroke to apply!

The rich pigment stays on for hours. It works well for eyelining and tight-lining, on it's own or smudged to give a softer effect.

Currently I have:

- 031 Jungle Green: dark green with slight metallic effect. It's my favourite as it makes my brown eyes really stands out.

- 024 Cool Blue: trendy electric blue. Sometimes I apply it underneath kit cosmetics Mineral Bronzer to tone down the colour for when I'm not feeling so bright.

- 071 Pure White: I don't like this one. The colour just doesn't look right on my eyes, I looked as if I had tip-ex on. Somehow the quality isn't as good as the rest in the range.

Sharpening the pencils could be a messy affair due to the softness of the kohls. I was so frustrated when I had to spend a long time cleaning my sharpeners when that happened. Fortunately popping them in the freezer before sharpening solved this problem.

Verdict: an affordable good quality eye pencil. Avoid the Pure White though...

1 comment:

mizzworthy said...

Hi there - great blog, just wanted to reply to the question re the Thiery Mugler - I only have the info about the products that I posted so I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the two - I think the lash gloss is for use on individual lashes to make a dramatic effect, and the other one is a regular super black mascara!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.