Aug 2, 2009

Missing in Action & Lady on A White Horse

Hi everyone. I've been MIA the last few days. Hubby & I went to "the big smoke" (= London) to see a musical. I'll tell you all about it next week. Today I'm posting some photos of an interesting sculpture in Banbury, England.

This sculpture is based on a nursery rhyme called ‘Ride a Cock Horse’:
"Ride a Cock Horse to Banbury Cross,
To see a Fine Lady upon a White Horse,
With rings on her fingers and bells on her toes,
She shall have music wherever she goes."

These words are engraved on the four sides of the pedestal. The sculpture looked so life-like it scared me a bit. The details are amazing, photos can't do justice to the real thing.


There's something that looks like mole underneath one of her eyes. It was actually a lady bird that happened to be parking there when the picture was taken! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.