Aug 11, 2009

Nivea Happy Time Body Lotion

I received a 4ml sample sachet of Nivea Happy Time Body Lotion. The package says that it contains "natural Bamboo Extract and Milk Proteins" "with a beautiful mild scent of orange flower" - sounds really good on paper.

So I tried it last night. The lotion has the right consistency that isn't sticky and disappears quickly on my skin. The subtle Orange Flower scent was quite pleasant.

Unfortunately my skin didn't like it. Something in it gave me stinging sensations not long after I applied it, felt like as if I had applied low grade glycolic acid on my skin. It wasn't that bad though, the stinging sensations disappeared after some time. Nevertheless, it puts me off buying the full-size bottle.

Verdict: though it sounds good on paper, my sensitive skin doesn't like it.


Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Myristyl Myristate, Alcohol Denat., Glyceryl Stearate Ctirate, Blyceryl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Bambusa Vulgaris Shoot Extract, Propylene Blycol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Parfum.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.