Jun 22, 2009

Bloom Nuts About You

I try to eat and use more "natural" products whenever possible, within reason. Now that I'm recovering from chicken pox I'm trying to use more gentle products so as not to irritate my tender skin.

I've heard good things about Bloom, one of Australian brands I encountered while living in OZ. Some people thought their products are all "natural". I have to say that I didn't find this to be the case when I spent some time looking at the ingredients lists. For example, Bloom's sunscreen contains "chemicals" that aren't "natural".

From the ingredients list I could say that Bloom Nuts About You is one of their more "natural" products. I'm not sure why on the bottle it's called "Sweet Almond Cleansing Oil" when the first ingredient is actually Safflower Seed Oil. There are more expensive cleansers from other brands that contain Safflower Oil (supposed to be a very good cleansing oil), so I was quite happy to use this more affordable option.

The subtext said: "Farewell make-up and cleanse skin with one smooth swipe of this natural nutty oil." I find that it removes eye makeup and sunscreen easily enough. But it doesn't work well enough to remove mineral powder and waterproof mascaras, I need to work extra hard to remove them.

I love the gorgeous scent: orange, tangerine, and lavender oil lend a luxury feel to this oil cleanser.
The bottle I have looks slightly different than the picture here. Mine has white pump on top of the silver bit, twisting the pump to the left and right opens and closes the bottle: very convenient. Though I still put mine inside ziplock bag when I'm travelling, in case it leaks - which happened once. And if anyone is curious, yes, I'm still living out of a suitcase at the moment...

Anyway, here's the directions on the bottle: "Pour a small amount of oil into the palm of your hand and apply all over your face including the eye area. Using a damp cloth or cotton pad, wipe away make-up. Rinse with warm water and pat dry for an amazing finish."

I find that using too much of this oil cleanser could cause break outs on my face, so use sparingly if you have combination-acne prone skin like me.

Verdict: a good oil cleanser with yummy scent, to be used sparingly if your skin type is similar to mine.

For the benefit of my OZ readers, this cleanser is "Made in Australia from local and imported products".

Ingredients: Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Prunus Dulcis), Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (Citrus Dulcis), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.