Jun 25, 2009

Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Wash

Talking about being sensitive earlier, I'm still on my quest in finding the perfect cleanser for my delicate AC (After Chickenpox) skin, hoping that it might help the process of restoring my skin to it's BC glory (or even better, if it's possible...)

The words "mineral water", "aloe vera", and "fragrance-free, lanolin-free" (and the price) attracted me to acquire Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Wash. According to the website this cleanser is replacing what was known as Boots Skin Kindly Foam Wash.

I like the new pump packaging. It reminds me of the Simple cleanser's pump packaging I had some years ago. It works in similar way: one pump delivers some cleansing froth into the palm of my hand. Apply cleanser on wet face, rub as usual, voila: cleaner face without much fuss.

With any kind of body and face cleansers I tend to think that squeaky-clean feel on my skin = the cleanser is too drying for my skin. It's not the case here. This one helps to control the oiliness on my face without drying the skin. Amazingly it also removes my face powder easily.

Verdict: no-frills affordable basic cleanser that doesn't irritate my AC skin. Happy using it for the moment.

I'll let you know if I still stick to my opinion after using it longer.

Ingredients: Aqua, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Sodium chloride, Sodium cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Aqua mineralis, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Sodium citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe barbadensis, Propylene glycol, Methylparaben, Sodium benzoate, Citric acid, Tetrasodium EDTA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to find the perfect cleanser. I'm always chopping and changing. I'm trying to avoid products with glycerine in as this ingredient makes the product sit on top of your skin and the product won't penetrate in. Though being a cleanser I guess it doesn't matter...haha

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.