Jun 8, 2009

The Curious Case of The Naaj

The following is a true story, happened in our household! :)

Sometime ago, in the middle of Dec 08, I received an email from my brother-in-law saying that this year he's feeling his age as he had broken his knee and wrist while playing football. He also mentioned noticing crow's feet starting to appear.

So hubby and I decided to give him a skincare set for Christmas. We were in the midst of our discussion when suddenly hubby said, "I know! How about we give him a set of The Naaj thing?" I didn't understand what he meant, so I asked him to clarify what he meant by that. Frustratingly, he just went on and on about "you know, The NAAJ!"

After a while he started spelling it for me. Turns out he was referring to Nivea Men DNAge! I was so amused I couldn't stop laughing. My English husband didn't realize that it's supposed to be pronounced D-N-Age instead of "The Naaj" or "De' Naaj" until I pointed that to him! He was so embarrased by his error, his face turned red. We both ended up laughing for a long time. What a funny husband I have! :)

1 comment:

Symon said...

Hi there. I noticed one of your favourite authors is 'Ted Dekker'. Please take the time to check out our Christian Fiction Review Blog: Flannelgraph. If you become a follower, you will be into win a free book/books each month. God bless you, Symon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.