Jan 1, 2009

Chocolate Orange

2009 is here!

I'm not one to make new year resolutions. Once, many years ago, I decided that I had to stop being a coffee addict. That particular year I didn't drink any coffee, not even a drop. Yep, I did get withdrawal symptoms, but no, I didn't give in. So I succeeded.

I still think resolutions aren't just for the start of the year. Perhaps the rebel in me thinks that resolutions are made to be broken. Or perhaps I just want to be different. Or plain lazy after eating too much cakes and chocolates during the festive season. Blame it on hubby, he gave me those chocolates! Hehehehe....

Nevertheless, I'm proud to say that Terry's Chocolate Orange is still safe in it's box... By the way, "It's not Terry's, it's OURS!" - ala Dawn French from Vicar of Dibley... Hahaha... I love her sense of humour... could be irreverent, funny regardless... Anyway, no matter where we are in the world, hubby always buys that chocolate orange, as a part of our own Christmas tradition. Very English, huh?!

Last night I was thinking of this prayer:
"Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."
I can't stand injustice, bullying, and hypocrites. I would like to help people who are in poverty, both material and spiritual poverty. The weak and defenceless should be spoken for. Sometimes I see things I would like to change, but I don't have the courage nor the means to help facilitate it. Other times I'm too passionate about too many things I ended up frustrating and upsetting myself. This prayer reminds me to keep my feet on the ground.

Borrowing a friend's email signature:
"I may only be a person to the world,
but I may also be the world to one person.
Make a positive difference in a person's life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate and orange are a match made in heaven!! yummy :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.