This recipe makes about 24-30 truffles
200gr dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
60gr butter at room temperature (salted butter gives better result)
2 tsp cream
1/4 cup ground almonds
2tbsp icing sugar
cocoa powder for coating
1. In a bowl: microwave dark chocolate and Cointreau - use medium low setting. Microwave until the chocolate melts or nearly melting, soft enough to mix.
2. Remove the bowl. Stir. Add butter a little at a time. Mix well.
3. Mix in cream, almonds, and icing sugar.
4. Let the mixture cool down a bit, then chill for 15mins. or until firm enough to handle.
5. With damp hands: take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into small balls. If you find it too fiddly, put mixture straight into individual paper cases.
6. Roll balls in the cocoa powder. If you put it straight into paper cases: dust with cocoa powder on top.
7. Put truffles on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate until firm.
8. Put truffles inside individual paper cases if you haven't already done so. Serve on it's own or with coffee.
If you'd like them to look fancier, roll them in a mix of cocoa powder and ground almonds or hazelnut pieces.
They will keep for up to 10 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
The ones I made before Christmas disappeared very quickly. Hehehe...