Jan 22, 2009

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask

I stumbled upon this brand when I was researching totally unrelated thing on the internet. On my trip to Singapore last year, I found one Skin Food shop at Raffles City. Yay for me, though silly me couldn't remember which particular mask was being raved about! A brunette moment... That contributed to longer look-see session while hubby visited the nearby supermarket.

Since this Korean made skincare brand is supposed to be "natural" I went checking the ingredients of almost every single things in the shop. Nope, it's not totally natural, some man-made chemical included. I'm not complaining though, as they contain a reasonable amount of ingredients that are more than a token amount. Plus, the ingredients lists are generally shorter than many other products out there. Shorter list = lesser chance of getting an allergic reaction. So I got sucked and bought the Black Sugar Mask - Wash off.

The best way to describe it: a sugar based face scrub with lemon scent that could be left for 10-15 mins. as a mask.

The blurb on the packaging: "a nourishing mask with an intense conditioning action, delivering the perfecting properties of real black sugar. It revitalizes and firms up tired, dull, dehydrated skin.

I can't read Korean characters, so I can't give you the ingredients list. My apology for throwing the English sticker list out last year, I didn't know I was going to write a blog then. I can't see into the future! Let's put it this way, if I bought it, the ingredients must have passed my close scrutiny of the labels. Hehehe...

In the few times I've used it I think it works well as a scrub. Not too harsh, not too mild. Just right. Love the lemon scent. Does it moisturise my skin? I'm not sure. It's not something that gives my skin visible boost straight away like my favourite brand, Elemis.

Verdict: I'll give it a couple more tries before deciding whether it's worth re-purchasing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love any products with lemon in and I'm sure I'd like this one too, it's something a little bit different.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.